Ah ha moments for girls perfecting their golf game.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Drive for Show, Putt for Dough!

My dad used to tell me this every time he dragged me to the driving range to spend some quality time with his teenage daughter. "Drive for Show, Putt for Dough!" Bored out of my adolescent mind, I would dutifully hit a bucket of balls starting with my sand iron and ending with my driver. Now years later, I am taking up the game of golf again. Needless to say, I have good days and bad days, and indifferent inbetween days when I just want to pick up that little white ball and chuck it in the nearest lake. On days when my drive seems under control, and my irons are passable, my putting lets me down, and vice versa. Most annoying.

Remembering my dad's words of golf wisdom, I've decided to work on my short game. But first I've been told to change the grips on all my clubs. They're far too small for my hands apparently. So I'm taking them in to have the old grips replaced with bigger, softer orthopedic ones. These will help stabilize my hands and wrists so they don't twist or slip as I take my swing.

No comments: