Ah ha moments for girls perfecting their golf game.

Friday, July 4, 2008

I Love the New Grips on My Clubs...

My new grips are quite amazing. My hands do not slip or twist anymore as I take a stroke. My hold on the clubs feels more solid and stable. However my putter is taking a while to get used to because of its much larger grip (probably twice the original size). My husband/golf mentor (!) reassures me that this larger grip will prevent my wrist from twisting so that my putting stroke will have a much straighter aim. I have to say that my overall golf strokes are becoming more consistent and true.

My advice to the novice golfer would be to check out your grips before beginning to play regularily. If your fingertips touch the palm of your hand as you hold the club, you need a bigger grip. New grips cost anywhere from $8.00 to $10.00 per club depending on style of grip and whether it is orthopedic (softer) or regular and whether it is smooth or ribbed. You will be spending around $100.00 for a full set of clubs, but it is well worth the added expense.

Happy Golfing!

No comments: