Ah ha moments for girls perfecting their golf game.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Preshot Routine

If you pay attention to how a good golfer sets up his or her shot, you'll probably notice they have some kind of preshot routine. Consistent routine is invaluable before each shot. Why? Because it helps you focus on the task at hand. It also helps you build a positive mental picture which will then help you attain success.

1. Stand behind the ball and look toward the target.

2. Visualize the flight of the ball.

3. With shot in mind, pick a close target to aim towards: leaf, discoloured grass..

4. Aim the clubface to that point rather than distant green.

5. Set up perfect alignment: (club square behind ball, back of left hand faces target, line of toes is parallel with target line, heels are shoulder width apart, left shoulder is higher than right...)

6. Take a deep breath and take a swing!

I always breathe in with my back swing and out with the follow through, because then I feel I have more power in my swing. But that's just me! I also try to make sure I follow through completely, keeping my head down and my hips facing the target at the end. Good Luck!!!!!

No comments: