Ah ha moments for girls perfecting their golf game.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Practise. Practise. Practise.

Like anything, the more you visit the driving range and practise your shots, the better your golf will be. We all know this, but why don't we do it???

Last week I was dragged to the driving range by my husband/golf mentor with the promise of a Japanese lunch, offered as an incentive after hitting 100 balls. Diligently I divided my balls into 10 groups of 10. Then, before I did anything else, I warmed up and stretched for a good 10 minutes. I knew that if I didn't, I would pay for it later....then I started with my sand wedge and hit 10 balls. After that, I went through each of my four irons, two hybrids and three woods. I kept notes on how far I could hit with each club. I also tried to make sure to set up properly and hit each shot as if I were on the course. By the time I got to my driver, I was feeling quite proud of myself! That Japanese lunch was going to taste delicious!

Maybe that's the trick: promise yourself a small reward each time you visit the driving range.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I know that is what I need. Playing once a week does not allow me to get much better. I'm off to the driving range.